Monday, 11 April 2011

Saying a few goodbyes

Retirement is getting closer and it was nice to get an invite from some colleagues from a division I used to work on......... to a day and night out in Whitby. Eleven of us travelled up on Friday April 1st in 3 cars and stopped off in the Aidensfield Arms (of Heartbeat fame) and had a couple of pints of their finest. Dave had arranged accomodation at the Youth Hostel which was located next to the ruined Abbey overlooking the town. A great location !! We had some great fish and chips in the Duke of York followed by a few pints in the Black Swan, The George Hotel, The Endeavour and the Jolly Sailor. It was Goth weekend in Whitby which allowed us a few chuckles looking at some of the people who were parading around. They looked fantastic. (I thought I'd better say that ...seeing as I'm married to an ex-Goth !) We finished the night off at an Indian Restaurant (Very Yorkshire !!)

No comments:

Post a Comment